Thursday, March 5, 2009

grape kool-aid

life is short. i've been trying to remind myself of that these days. if i dont get the dishes done or the house picked up, it's not going anywhere, why worry right? i think i tend to get all wrapped up in what i think, or have learned, what everything should look like, what i should be doing, instead of letting the lovely little moments of life just come to me. 
today i was rushing around running errands for work and doing that little annoying thing i do with listing out everything i need to do on a time table in my head so i get to where ever i need to be at 3:42 and what time i need to start dinner so i can have the house clean by 6:25 when a breeze full of mountain laurel came drifting in my car window. and i remembered how much i love that smell, it's so much like grape kool-aid, and it just brings me back to being 9 tearing around town on my bike and playing in the creek in the woods by my old house. and i thought, god!! i'm so anal!!!! hahahaha! really? 3:42? 6:25? wow!
so i vow, to be late when i can (obviously i'm too anal to just be late, but i may PLAN to be late, just so i can get used to it a little bit) and to take the time to smell the kool-aid of life.


1 comment:

JLar said...

good reminder! let live and let buddah? isn't that what they say? haha :)